Fee-only financial planning and investing in the next generation
Build confidence in your financial future with professional guidance.
Holding ourselves to higher standards
We are proud to support the organizations that help our clients, communities, team, profession, and world to thrive. As fiduciaries, we are designed to put clients’ best interests first with transparent pricing based on what’s fair, not on what we can get away with. As a fee-only financial planning firm, we are only paid directly by clients and receive no commissions, kickbacks, or referral fees. Every financial planner on our team is a CFP® professional or actively working towards fulfilling the requirements to become one (and we see that as only the beginning).
For The Next Generation
How We Help
We specialize in helping high-earning professionals in their 20’s-40’s make better financial decisions, and teach them to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams.
We can help you answer the financial questions that you’ve been wondering about such as:
- What do I want my future to look like, and what role do my financial decisions play as I design my ideal life?
- We just had a baby, should I start saving for their college education? How do my disability and leave benefits work, and what does our new budget look like?
- What’s the best way to balance paying down my debt while trying to save for the future?
- Should I refinance or consolidate my student loans? How do special student loan programs like PSLF, PAYE, and ICR work?
- I’m thinking about a major life change like getting married or starting a business. How does that affect my finances?
- It’s open enrollment time at my company and the options are overwhelming. How do I know which selections to make to maximize my employee benefits?
- I want to save for retirement, but how do I know how much I need to contribute or which funds to invest in?
- I haven’t looked at my life, auto, or home insurance policies since buying them several years ago. Do I have the right coverage for me, and am I paying too much?
- Do I need a will, trust, or other estate planning documents?
- I just received a big bonus at work! Should I invest it, pay down my mortgage, or finally take that Caribbean diving trip I’ve been itching for?
Once you realize that every decision is a financial decision, it changes the way that you approach planning for your future. We can help you orient your financial picture to align with your goals and values, and provide insight on how all of the puzzle pieces fit together.
Stop aimlessly chasing performance, and start actually working towards your goals with a portfolio that is aligned with your financial plan. Our approach is broadly diversified, low cost, tax-smart, research-backed, and easy to understand. No account minimums or hidden costs.
For many young professionals, massive student loans feel like an enormous burden that they’ll never be able to escape from. Your student loans don’t have to put a hold on the rest of your life plans! We’ll help you navigate all of the options for refinancing, enrolling in income-driven repayment plans such as PAYE or ICR, and applying for forgiveness programs like PSLF in a way that makes sense within the context of your broader financial plan.
Effective tax planning strategies such as shifting the timing of income and deductions, taking a thoughtful approach to equity compensation, or using tax-efficient investments and account types can all help ensure that you’re maximizing your after-tax income. We’ll stay on top of the evolving tax code so that you don’t have to.
This critically important area is overlooked far too often, especially by those who think that they aren’t wealthy enough or old enough to need an estate plan. We’ll help review your beneficiary designations, assess the need for documents such as wills or trusts or powers of attorney, optimize asset titling, and address any other estate concerns in collaboration with your estate attorney.ng wills and trusts while factoring current market trends to ensure the best outcomes.
Cash Flow & Debt
Managing monthly spending along with repaying debt like credit cards or auto loans can be challenging, especially for those with variable income streams because of bonuses or commissions. We can help find ways to smooth things out, along with reviewing related topics like credit scores and liquidity of your assets.
Financial planning isn’t just about building wealth, it’s also about protecting what you’ve built. We’ll review your current insurance policies such as life, disability, health, long term care, homeowners, umbrella, and auto to ensure that you have appropriate coverages at fair rates. As a fee-only financial planning firm, we never sell insurance ourselves and we make objective assessments to give recommendations that are in your best interest.
We are not your father’s
(in fact, we’re quite proud of that)
Financial planning is no longer just for your wealthy grandparents with millions of dollars to invest. Unlike many other financial planners out there, we are not simply “willing” to work with Gen X or Gen Y clients like you in the hope that you’ll someday have a large portfolio for us to manage and charge a fee on.
Our entire service model is built around helping YOU face the decisions that shape your future. We are proud to serve the working professionals in their 20’s-40’s that many old-school financial planning firms will turn away.